Friday, July 6, 2012

Train trip & farmer's market

Yesterday we went on the scenic Taieri Gorge Railway trip to Hindon with other international students.  It was beautiful!  So many rolling hills with sheep, little streams, and trees forever.  Here are some photo highlights from the trip:













Today, Ryan and I visited the Otago Farmer's Market at the Railway Station.  I was very impressed by the amazing selection of everything fresh - vegetables, fruits, cheeses, honey, meats and fish... I am sure I will be a frequent visitor.  As much as I love my Bellingham Farmer's Market, it was nice to find some good fresh vegetables actually cheaper than you would get them at the grocery store.  My flatmate, Charlie, works at the crepe stand there, so we had to give the honey and slivered almond crepe a try...


No comments:

Post a Comment